Monday, May 31, 2010

Substitute Teaching + Middle Schoolers=

Not what I want to do for a living!

I got the chance to sub at the middle school here on campus for 2 days, and although the teacher had everything laid out for me and went over all the assignments with the students beforehand, I realized that subbing isn't as easy as it may sound! I found myself wanting the kids to like me and not think that I was mean for making them quiet down and keep their heads off their desks. It makes me thankful for all of my teachers growing up, especially in middle school! That age is not easy to deal with, and I'm sure it's very frustrating as a teacher at times.

I may not be certain which career path to choose in life..but I have one more knocked off the list of potential options. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for posting! keep it up :)
the millions of roles a teacher plays....what an impossible task.